Thursday, December 8, 2011

name tag

one of the things i love about sari bari is that all of the products have a name tag on it that says "made in india by". it gives credit to the women and allows the people who buy products to see who makes the product. today i was ironing a stack of scarves to be packaged and shipped. one of the ladies walked up next to me and pointed to the scarf and said "i did that one." her face showed her joy in knowing that someone would be buying a scarf that she made and she had so much pride in her work. it made me realize that i was created by God. i have God's name tag. He looks down on me and sees His perfect creation. sometimes i forget that i am wonderfully made and see all the things i dont like about myself like my weight or height or my skin. God created me the way i am for a reason and He sees it as perfection. it was that thought that made today such a joy.

For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a] Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Psalm 139:13-15

No comments:

Post a Comment