Saturday, June 22, 2013

Stories


Each one of us has a unique story. Our stories have elements of joy, hurt, happiness, pain, sorrow among many other things. Looking back at my story, I would have never expected to do half the things that I have been able to experienced and seen. I never had any desire to live in India but my time there has become an integral part of my story in the way that God showed me His goodness in dark places. I would have never dreamed that I would have the opportunity to work at summer camp with 300 high school students each week. I have the opportunity to share how God has changed my story when I held on loosely to my hopes and dreams. God had bigger plans for my story. The theme of summer camp this year is woven and the idea behind it is to look at how not only are our stories woven together with each other but how our stories are part of the bigger story God has for His people. It was such a blessing to listen to stories of high school students at camp and see how God used a week at camp to change campers' stories. I am looking forward to seeing how God will use my story this summer and excited to tell people of my journey and preparation as I follow God's calling to Peru. We all have a story to tell so start sharing yours.

1 comment: