Sunday, August 7, 2011

God's timing vs. my timing....

i have learned a very humbling lesson in the last week. God's timing is always perfect and i need to let go of things i can't control. the last 7 days has left me emotionally, spiritually and physically drained. a week ago, the high school pastor i have worked alongside for the last 3 years decided to leave 2 weeks before my departure to india so my high schoolers were dealt a double dose of leader "abandonment". i was also doing vbs for 1-5th grades as the snack time entertainer which was physically demanding because i had to be all smiles and laughs for 4 hours in the blazing heat. to add to the mix, i found out one of my friends had a serious medical condition that is potentially super dangerous. to me, all these things felt like it was showing me i needed to wait to go to india. to most other people, it was clear that God was going to do amazing things through me in india and satan was just throwing in some speed bumps. this is where letting go comes in. i know the four months will fly by and my small group girls will be in very capable hands. God has called me to india at this time so i will be faithful to follow Him and His timing. people keep asking if i have started packing or if i'm ready to go yet. to be honest, i am taking it one day at a time. my mind is currently here with my high schoolers and friends. i know packing and preparing will get done. that is something i have had to let go of. God is good. God is faithful.

here are things to pray for:
-i need to keep perspective that God is in control
-mental preparation for living in india
-the remainder of my financial support will come in before i leave
-peace and comfort for my high schoolers

No comments:

Post a Comment