Monday, October 24, 2011

this is not my fight

so many times it seems like everyday in this city is a fight. in the past i have tried to take on this city on my own. on sunday the pastor spoke from 2 chronicles and verse 15 says: "Thus saith Jehovah unto you, Fear not ye, neither be dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's." it is such a comfort knowing that i am not in this alone. as long as i continue to praise God with my life that He will continue to fight my battles with me. this makes life easier here.

today at lunch time i got to share my lunch with the ladies at sari bari. they always try to share their rice with me but they never take anything i offer. today that changed. i was able to give my four last red vines to the ladies to try and two of the women shared my peanut butter sandwich with me. it was so cool to see their willingness to share life with me. God continues to give me glimpses of His kingdom here in kolkata.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that you are experiencing God's kingdom in the midst of the most repressive of places. Love reading, keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete