Sunday, October 19, 2014

Being Sent Out

Last Sunday, I was commissioned by Grace Church of Glendora to be sent out. It was a really cool time where the congregation heard about what I will be doing, and I was able to share things they can pray for as I join the Sari Bari community in Kolkata. I shared in the three English services as well as the Spanish service. I was blown away by the way the entire church came alongside me to pray and encourage me as I step out in faith. In a way, I know physically I am the only one going to India, but I will be accompanied in spirit by all of those who are praying for me.

Last night, my friend Karen and I had a joint birthday party which served as a going away party as well. I was overwhelmed by the amount of people who showed up just to share a few moments with me before I leave. My worlds collided as my friends from high school, college, camp and church all came together to eat, laugh and hang out. I felt honored and blessed to have so many people show up to send me off well. I appreciate every single prayer, hug, tear and laugh. I feel truly loved and ready to follow God to Kolkata.

People have asked for a mailing address in Kolkata. Here it is:

sari bari private limited
attn: Natalie Cook
9b Imam Box Lane
Kolkata 700006
INDIA


No comments:

Post a Comment