Monday, October 13, 2014

Expectantly Waiting

At the beginning of the year, I didn't know what this year would bring or where God was leading me. I first read the phrase "expectantly waiting" during a quiet retreat in Kolkata. I decided this phrase would be my anthem this year. I would seek God in all decisions and say yes to all the paths He asked me to go down along the way. I wanted to sit with open hands so I would not miss little blessings like coffee with a friend who lives down the street or visiting a friend in London. Often times, waiting periods seem tedious almost as if God forgot to continue leading our paths. I love this phrase because it implies we know God will show up and show up in big ways. I am expecting God to do some amazing things during my time in Kolkata and I hope I have the eyes to see God work.

Expectantly waiting. These two words sum up all of the thoughts and emotions running through my mind. I leave in 6 days. I move from one community to another. I go from working with middle class high school students to women who cling to hope of a better life outside the trade. I am stocking up on coffee because it is a treat in Kolkata. Peanut butter and nutella are neatly packed along side my Forest Home mugs. Packing is a process of choosing things that are necessary and things that feel like home. It is a process of filling a suitcase, weighing the suitcase and reshuffling everything I packed so far. It is a process that can't be put off too long but I am avoiding for as long as possible. On Sunday, everything will be packed, I will go to the airport and I will leave. I still sit with open hands to remain open to how God will work over the next week and throughout my time in India. Expectantly waiting. 

Many people have asked how they can pray or how they can help as I leave this week. I ask for your prayers as I prepare to say many goodbye over the new few days. I ask for prayers for the Sari Bari community I will be joining. I ask for your prayers for strength as I work among broken people in a very dark part of the world. I also ask for prayers for financial support. I am so grateful for the may people who have already supported me and I know God will provide each step of the way. If you are interested in supporting me financially, go to grace-church.com and click online giving, select "team India" from the drop down menu to ensure the money will go into my account. 

I continue expectantly waiting as I prepare to leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment